Facebook is one of the most famous social media applications that people use and that is why the social media application has also left no stone unturned when it comes to the different features and benefits that they provide to all customers of the application. The application introduced new features from time to time so that the users of the application can use different features to make sure that they can use the application without any issues.
Recently the application introduced a new feature where people can lock their accounts and the said feature can be seen on the application in the form of a blue shield and keyhole icon. So, if you have also seen the feature on your Facebook account then, you can now use the feature to lock your account, follow the tutorial that we are giving here and know about the complete process that people can use to know how to lock my facebook account.
How Can You lock Your Facebook account?
If you are wondering why I can’t lock my facebook profile then, you need to ensure that you have followed this process correctly. We hope that you can use the entire process that we are mentioning here to lock your Facebook account.
- Open your Facebook account on the device that you are using Facebook on.
- Now, you need to open your Facebook profile from the menu.
- You will be able to see the three dots on the application. Press on the same and tap the ‘Lock Profile’ button that is available in the list.
- Confirm the option once again after the pop-up message appears and after that, you will see that your Facebook account has been locked and all your information on the account has been now restricted to your friends only.
What Are the Benefits of Locking Your Facebook Account?
Now that you know the process to know how do I locked my facebook profile, if you are wondering what are the different benefits and advantages you will get after locking your Facebook profile then, here are some of them so you know how this feature is beneficial for you.
- All your past and future posts on the application will now be restricted to the people that are in your friends list on the application and the stories that you post on the application also fall in the same category.
- People only in your friend list can now see your profile and cover photo.
- Features like Tag review and profile have also been enabled on the application to prevent people from tagging you.
- The about section of your account will be also limited to your friends and no other person can view the same.
In case of, I can’t lock my facebook profile, you need to log out of the application and then, follow the above procedure once again, in the same manner to ensure that you can successfully lock your profile. We hope that you have understood all the information that we have shared here to use this new Facebook feature.
Also Read: Where is Code Generator on Facebook
Leave a Reply